Service Project Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA
Start Date: ASAP
This is a skilled mechanical and electrical position. The successful individual will work with our Service Project team to ensure completion of Service Projects on time and within budget. Primary responsibilities include performing start up, maintenance, installation, diagnosis and repair of air conditioning, heating and ventilating systems for commercial and industrial applications.
Systems can range in size from small self-contained package units to large tonnage built-up systems including pumps, boilers, chillers and interconnecting piping and related controls.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited to:
- Install heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems for commercial properties
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs as needed.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance including coil cleaning and filter changes.
- Respond to emergency service requests.
- Must be able to communicate, understand and carry out general oral and written instructions whether working with others or alone on a service call.
- Must be able to work safely. Requires moderate physical exertion. Outdoor working conditions and exposure to changing environmental conditions.
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of five-year apprenticeship program or documentation of five years field experience with certificate of completion from an accredited vocational program.
- Must have or be able to obtain universal EPA certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Knowledge of air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems, controls and equipment.
- Knowledge of refrigeration cycle, refrigerants, refrigerant safety including applications, methods, and tools used in installing, recovery, operating, maintaining and repairing refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of electricity and circuitry as used in air conditioning systems and controls. Safe practices of working with and testing electrical systems.
- Knowledge of air distribution systems, including testing and balancing.
- Ability to use and care for tools and measuring and testing equipment.
In addition to the benefits provided through the Local 72 Union, Padgett provides:
- Year-round work
- Company truck, gas card and cell phone
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Vision benefits
- Special rates on supplemental AFLAC insurance
- Sales leads rewards
- $500 employee referral program
- Years of service bonuses
- Continued education (manufacturer and in-house)
- Paid holiday and vacations
- Competitive compensation
How to Join the Team
Please submit a resumé and cover letter that demonstrates the above skills and/or experience.